Wait Til You See My Smile...

As the year is drawing very swiftly to a close, I'm getting my usual post-Christmas blues. I'm very frustrated right now...tryna count my blessings and seeing few. BUT...

BUT...

BUT...I am healthy, I have travelled emotionally and spiritually...if not physically (*sigh*) from where I was this time last year and that is really something I am thankful for. It's amazing how much I tend to take little things like that for granted. I was so very ill last year and not employed in any meaningful way. Look at me now! I have a CV I can be proud of and I have my health. This time last year I was heartbroken and I didn't see anyway out. But look at me now! I'm collected and ready and I finally understand myself. That is a massive achievement for me. Honestly.

I can't lie, I do feel down. I feel like I am pretty far from the path I had planned out for myself. But if I had followed that path, I would still have some very poisonous people in my presence, I'd never have met some of the most amazing friends I've ever made and I'd have almost no stories to tell my (future) children!

Imagine--I've gained all of that in just one very short year and my gains have dried the tears of last year. Now my brow is no longer furrowed...and if my blessings continue in this way...just wait until 2011...oooooooooo-oooooooooooooo-oooooooooooo...!
...Wait til you see my smile!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Little wonder that song writer said, "count your blessings, name them one by one...and it'd surprise you what the Lord has done"... it takes a conscious effort. The more you count, the more you thankful you'd become.
Happy new year in advance :)

- LDP

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

I remember...

'Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your blessings, see what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
And it may surprise you what the Lord has done!'

I love that song! Thanks for reminding me...and happy new year to you too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails