A week at Wembley...

Hey all,

After the mad Monday that I posted about, the day was finally upon me, ENGLAND V. GHANA at Wembley Stadium with my Cuzzy. I probably should have posted when I got home from the match (was a 1-all draw btw), but I was so tired and hyped all in one I pretty much passed out!

Anyone who was there should be able to tell you that the evening was electric! I think England underestimated how much us Ghanaian's love our football because we BROUGHT IT! It was so much fun being in the almost carnival spirit, talking to anyone and everyone. Seeing Abigail, Priscilla, Gifty, Vida, Mame, Nana, Kay, and all the other bait Ghanaians with bait names who probably all live in Broadwater Farms, who you hadn't seen in a while. EPIC.

And the chants:

- *clap* *clap* *clap* AWAY! *clap* *clap* *clap* AWAY!
- We will score you, we will put PEPPER in your eyes!
- Ghana, Ghana, Ghana oseeeeeeeeeee yieeeeeeeeee!

EPIC.

I've always managed to miss the Ghana friendlies over here. But trust me I'll be ready for the next one!

So...I'd barely recovered from the nite of the football (despite taking the following day off work, lol, don't judge me!) and I was back at Wembley again! This time it was the arena, two days after the match to see Nas and Damian Marley in concert with Erykah Badu, with my girl from uni twice-over, Foreign Office Girl.

OHHHH MYYYY WORDDDD! Epic!

I can barely remember the last time that I went to a concert, but I know it was nothing compared to this! I'm not even a Junior Gong fan but kudos to him, he was genuinely mesmerising. The guy has a genuine gift for working the crowd.


So the night kicked of with Erykah who hasn't been here in a hot minutes (lol). And it was well worth the wait. She's as kooky as ever, her singing was interspersed with what can only be described as melodic screeching, she captivated me with her honeyed tones and as ever preaching that Hip Hop is apparently bigger than religion *pause*.


But then, THEN, what I'd be really waiting for Nas and Damian. Or rather let me be fair, I was waiting for NAS. I've been in love with this dude since I can remember. I own EVERY album, know all the songs in order and used to dream of him being my baby daddy. Yeah, I said it! My baby daddy! Lol!


He's still doing it for me boi! And he was so close I thought of fainting (but then I'd have missed vital seconds where I coulda been looking at him, so...no). He brought out the old school, with Got Urself a Gun, One Mic, Hate Me Now...wow. He's STILL got it! Clearly, I haven't got over that night yet...so just try and relive it with me through this post, while I fade off into silence and dream about Nasty Nas, hmmm....*sigh*

2 comments:

Aba T. Tetteh said...

Hmmmm, interesting. My mum and my sister were at Wembley with the kids. They tell me it was so much fun and scary too. The atmosphere was power-changed. *sob* I wish i was there to watch.

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

You missed a good night sister! Next time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails